Answering Quirky Questions About Trains in Japan
I get asked a lot of questions about trains in Japan. I suppose that’s a byproduct of being in Tokyo for a long time and putting myself out there to help others.
But hey, it’s fun. And I like helping.
So here are some of the more interesting questions I’ve answered several times over the years.
Note: this is not a chapter about how to use the trains in Japan. Though, this is the member’s only, online-enhanced version of this book. I may add it in the future.
In this chapter:
- Is Talking on the Phone on the Train Banned in Japan?
- Why is There So Much Advertising on the Trains?
- Is There Really a Crazy Overcrowded Rush Hour Train?
- How are the Trains So Punctual?
- Why is the train network so complicated?
- Is it True Small Kids Ride the Train Alone in Japan?
- Why Do So Many People Sleep on the Train?