Skip to content
Izakaya & Nightlife
- The Best Street Food Alleys in TokyoIn this guide, I bring you seven of the coolest, most awesome alleys in central Tokyo that offer some of the most incredible food you’ll find in Tokyo.
- Mugi no Oto: An Amazing Izakaya You’d Probably Walk PastMugi no Oto is this tiny little amazing izakaya “hiding” in Kabukicho, inside of the crazy popular Shinjuku ward of Tokyo.
- Hachibei: Incredible Yakitori in Roppongi, MinatoHachibei is a contemporary basement izakaya in Roppongi specializing in the most amazing classic yakitori skewers locals love most about izakaya food.
- Kushikatsu Tanaka: Budget-Friendly, Delicious Fried Food IzakayaKushikatsu Tanaka is an incredible izakaya chain with locations throughout Japan specializing in delightful, budget-friendly skewered deep-fried food.
- Iseya, a yakitori restaurant in Kichijoji from long, long agoIseya is a yakitori restaurant in Kichijoji that’s been around for a very long time. They’ve been serving delicious, cheap, yakitori since 1928!
- Iyaiya Sanbai: As Unbelievable As It Is, A No Smoking Izakaya!Iyaiya Sanbai is a trendsetting, no-smoking izakaya trying to take the traditional izakaya mainstream in Minato, Tokyo.
- Kotaro; A Cozy Izakaya Founded By A Classically Trained ChefKotaro is a cozy izakaya in Shibuya serving food cooked by a classically trained chef.