This is a tip I give everyone who asks me for a good way to learn Japanese.
I tell them, learn situationally.
Pick something about Japan you’re really interested in, dive into it, and learn it.
It’s a 5 step process which looks something like this:
- Pick one situation you enjoy in Japan
- List the tiny situations that might come up while in that situation
- Research the Japanese phrases to use in those tiny situations
- Test the phrases, revise them, and begin using them
- Repeat again with another situation you enjoy
Your homework is to give the steps above a try. Try to build out a situation map as I described.
Just a couple of lessons left in this course. Tomorrow we’ll get into telling time in Japanese and then there’s just one more lesson after that.