Tokyo Joypolis is a multi-floor VR amusement space with a variety of game experiences, rides, and more — inside the Deck’s Seaside Mall in Odaiba, Tokyo.
I love Joypolis!
While it could use some updating, some of the virtual rides are showing their technological age; the experience is still excellent — and they’ve recently added a VR shooter “game” (seen in the video above towards the end).
The wide range of things to see and do are interesting. Some will bore an adult to death, but children will love it. While other attractions are for the adults. It’s a great mix.
I enjoy the virtual rides where you can go from white water rafting to jungle safari to flying a prop plane. Outstanding times.
My best advice: go during the week (and arrive at 10:00 am) to avoid the crowds — and go on your birthday to save some cash (bring your passport to prove your birthday).
An added bonus with checking out Joypolis is you’re right in the Deck’s Mall in Odaiba. TONS of things to see around there it’s interesting to just stroll with no plan.
As mentioned in the “Things to do in Odaiba” guide, here are some of the attractions inside Tokyo Joypolis:
- Gekion Live Coaster
- Halfpipe Tokyo ride
- Spicy Taxi and Pirates Plunder – ride for the little ones
- Transformers Human-Alliance – ride
- Tower Tag – VR laser tag
- Storm G – virtual reality snowmachine racing ride
- Mystic Mansion – a 3D “Japanese style” horror attraction
- Zombie Zoo – a zombie walkthrough attraction with real-life actors
- Wild Wing – feel what it’s like to fly on a glider
- Wild Jungle Brothers – experience riding through the jungle on a virtual jeep guided tour
- Wild River The Treasure Hunt – A virtual river rafting experience
+Bring cash. You can buy the entrance ticket with a
+“Tokyo Joypolis is a SEGA branded indoor entertainment center where you can experience coasters with gaming, virtual rides with motion simulators, frightening VR experiences, arcade and more.” Best Living Japan
+“It might seem strange to describe this as intense, but it really was. You’re fully immersed in the experience — walking around the room, aiming and shooting. In fact, my first instinct when two zombies came a little too close was to drop my gun and punch out.” GaijinPot: 5 Adventure VR Games To Try At Joypolis in Odaiba