Tokyo Joypolis is a multi-floor VR amusement space with a variety of game experiences, rides, and more — inside the Deck’s Seaside Mall in Odaiba, Tokyo.
I love Joypolis!
While it could use some updating, some of the virtual rides are showing their technological age; the experience is still excellent — and they’ve recently added a VR shooter “game” (seen in the video above towards the end).
The wide range of things to see and do are interesting. Some will bore an adult to death, but children will love it. While other attractions are for the adults. It’s a great mix.
I enjoy the virtual rides where you can go from white water rafting to jungle safari to flying a prop plane. Outstanding times.
My best advice: go during the week (and arrive at 10:00 am) to avoid the crowds — and go on your birthday to save some cash (bring your passport to prove your birthday).
An added bonus with checking out Joypolis is you’re right in the Deck’s Mall in Odaiba. TONS of things to see around there it’s interesting to just stroll with no plan.
- Gekion Live Coaster
- Halfpipe Tokyo ride
- Spicy Taxi and Pirates Plunder – ride for the little ones
- Transformers Human-Alliance – ride
- Tower Tag – VR laser tag
- Storm G – virtual reality snowmachine racing ride
- Mystic Mansion – a 3D “Japanese style” horror attraction
- Zombie Zoo – a zombie walkthrough attraction with real-life actors
- Wild Wing – feel what it’s like to fly on a glider
- Wild Jungle Brothers – experience riding through the jungle on a virtual jeep guided tour
- Wild River The Treasure Hunt – A virtual river rafting experience
+Bring cash. You can buy the entrance ticket with a